Meet the Teaching and Learning Team!
BSHS staff are focussed on teaching and learning to improve student wellbeing and engagement for every child. Let us tell you a little about how we are working towards this:
- Learning Goals will be made clear at the beginning of each lesson so students know exactly what they need to know and do.
- Students will be aware of the cognitive verbs on their task sheets for every assessment item. These are the thinking verbs that tell students what they need to do and they are always in bold.
- Assessment calendar – students have a hard copy and can access their assessment calendar on OneSchool so they are aware of submission dates for drafts and final assessment tasks or tests.
- Assessment support – busy schedules can lead to stress. Even with working on assessment and homework tasks at home, your child/ren may still feel overwhelmed. There are a few different supports available – some options include: after school maths tutoring, Japanese support Wednesdays, and ‘Destress with Mrs Gesch’ Monday, Thursday and Friday which is for all subjects. Encourage them to reach out for support.
- In 2022, the school has also appointed 2 Teaching and Learning HODs to support both teachers and students to reach their academic and wellbeing goals.
- Student participation in the newly-developed wellbeing program, STAR (Students Thinking About Results) also provides time for them to reflect on how their learning can be improved.